Fitness and CBD
There has been a lot of talk lately about using CBD as a way to improve your fitness lifestyle. Many advocate for it as a supplement compatible with healthy living, but not as a treatment for an illness. If you are looking for more information about this substance and the craze behind it, here is what you need to know.
What Exactly Is CBD?
If you are new to CBD products and don’t know what to think of them or how they can help, here’s a short presentation.
CBD is a cannabis byproduct that is increasingly used in medicine, recovery and wellness applications. It is slowly making its way into the mainstream supplements market, encouraged by positive stories about its use, especially in the fitness community. More and more fitness enthusiasts are looking for alternative medicine that can alleviate pain and speed up recovery, and cannabis products seem to offer all that and then some more.
CBD oils and other varied products still need thorough testing to understand the implications of long-term use. For now, consumers rely mostly on anecdotal evidence when looking for CBD products suited for their specific condition, although a growing body of scientific evidence is available to attest the health benefits of cannabinoid.
Benefits of CBD in Your Fitness Routine
Doctors have found that, when matched with a smart fitness routine, CBD oils can reduce inflammation in the body, alleviate anxiety and pain, and help users relax.
CBD is a compound of cannabis that reacts with your brain receptors, but without getting you high. CBD reacts with natural chemical compounds, called endocannabinoids, released in our bodies when we exercise, increasing their levels.
This process leads to a series of interesting reactions. CBD will increase your AEA levels, therefore helping you target and fight the inflammation in the tissue. As a result, your pain and stress levels will decrease more than if you were to rely on diet or over the counter medicine alone.
How to Take CBD to Boost Your Fitness Routine
CBD Oil is becoming the main ingredient in many products that you can include in your fitness routine. However, don’t pick anything that is readily available to you, but try to choose producers that use only pure CBD oil. Here are some examples of high-quality products with CBD that you can include in your fitness routine:
- CBD tincture – it is the most popular form of CBD. It’s easy to take and has a quick effect. Spray it under your tongue, so that it can quickly be absorbed in your bloodstream;
- CBD capsules – another practical way of taking CBD is in capsule form. They are easy to transport and store, and the dose is exact each time;
- CBD infused creams and gels – this type of CBD product is great for your fitness routine because you can apply it only to the affected areas;
- Vape oil – if you are not already vaping or if you think this would be a fun and relaxing way to take a CBD supplement, try vaping it. Not only that it comes in different flavors that contribute to a pleasant experience, but the kick you get from it is quite fast. Use it as a way to relax after an intense workout or as a sleep adjunct;
- Chocolate bars and other treats – these CBD products may not seem the best choice when you are trying to stay fit, but they can work quite well with limited use and small quantities.
The market for CBD products has grown exponentially as more and more consumers begin to understand the positive effects. However, it is good to start by adding a little bit of it to your routine and not overlap different CBD supplements. Test your endurance before going for an intense treatment if you want to get the best out of it.