WHAT IS PRILIGY (DAPOXETINE)?
Priligy tablets are used to treat Premature Ejaculation (PE) in men who meet all of the following criteria:
- Poor control over ejaculation
- History of premature ejaculation over the past 6 months
- Marked distress of interpersonal difficulty as a consequence of premature ejaculation
- Intravaginal ejaculatory latency time of less than two minutes
HOW DOES PRILIGY WORK?
Priligy contains the active ingredient Dapoxetine which is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). It works by increasing the neurotransmitter serotonin in the nervous system, which in turn helps to increase the time it takes to ejaculate. Although SSRIs are primarily used to treat depression, they do have a useful side effect of delay ejaculation and Priligy is specifically designed to treat Premature Ejaculation.
HOW DO I TAKE PRILIGY?
- The Initial dose of Priligy 30mg, should be taken approximately 1-3 hours before sexual activity
- If not effective it can be increased to a maximum of 60mg daily as a single dose, provided the 30mg dose has not caused any side effects
- You should not take more than 1 tablet in 24 hours
- Priligy should be taken on a ‘when required’ basis before sexual activity
- Priligy should be taken with at least one glass of water and can be taken with or without food
- Is it important to have Priligy treatment reviewed after four weeks or six doses of treatment and only continued with your GP reviewing it every six months.